IAC is a leading information architecture conference where information architects, UX designers, content strategists, taxonomists and...
2012 IA Institute Annual Report Released
We are pleased to announce that the 2012 IA Institute Annual Report has been released. Below is a summary of the report. To read the entire report, visit our website or download the PDF document (PDF 348), which contains the full financial report.
Annual Report 2012
06 April 2013
In 2012, the IA Institute Board of Directors continued within the strategic framework defined in 2011 to allow us to meet the needs of a series of constituent relationships to create value for our members and our discipline. To this end, we have moved forward with infrastructure improvement projects, including a refactoring of our website content, launched a re-imagined, global, conference, World Information Architecture Day, and began research into improvements to our development and operations strategy.
Some of the year's highlights:
- Organization: Some changes to the board structure have been proposed and will be discussed further at the annual members meeting in April 2013. Additionally, a development model is being drafted to suggest possible, alternate revenue streams. See page 2.
- Membership: We ended the year with 1,385 members in 55 countries, an decline of 0.1% since 2011. Our member renewal rate was 37.0% versus 48.8% in 2011. This is a loyalty measure based on the number of eligible members that chose to renew in a given year. See page 2.
- Infrastructure: The Board presented a Business Model Canvas to membership for feedback around our current business model. A series of articles and updates on the website refactoring project have been presented on our News Blog. See page 3.
- Communications: Learn about the ways we connect with our members and the community at large. See page 6.
- Events: World IA Day, our new signature event, was launched on February 11, 2012 in 14 locations. World IA Day allows us to focus on developing local communities of practice throughout the world. See page 8.
- Partnerships: We expanded our list of event, education and product partners. With Bev Corwin's guidance, we continue to develop collaborative partnerships with external organizations, both to support our infrastructure initiatives and to develop projects for volunteers. See page 9.
- Initiatives: Our member initiatives continued to flourish. See page 11.
- Financial Report: Check out the numbers. See page 15.
Over the next year, we look forward to putting our development and operations research into practice and continue improving our website and interpersonal infrastructure to better serve our members and the IA profession. We thank you for being a part of it all, and are committed to working with you to help our profession flourish.
Sent via email to all active members (and those 30 days past due).
As promised, we are writing today to announce our decision about the future of the IA Institute.
Before we get there, we would like to thank you. The support we have received over the last 17...
All funds will support World IA Day 2019 worldwide organizations
Buy this great shirt to support Wear your support for World Information Architecture Day 2019 and its theme Design for a Difference . As designers, we are responsible for creating worlds of experiences, environments,...