IAC is a leading information architecture conference where information architects, UX designers, content strategists, taxonomists and...
Atlanta Calling - IAI Student Competition
The IA Institute is inviting students from all over the world to enter our competition to win a free ticket to this years IA Summit in Atlanta.
What do you need to do?
Students are required to create a customer journey detailing how you plan to experience the IA Summit were you to win the competition.
The journey should be divided into three phases:
- Before the conference
- At the conference
- After the conference
And each phase must include:
- User tasks / actions and behaviours
- Content and functionality
- Media and channels
Your submission must include all three phases (each phase presented in A3 landscape black & white or colour) as a single .pdf no larger than 5 MB in size. The winning entry will be displayed at poster night at the IA Summit!
Make sure you submit your journeys on or before the 8th of April 2016 by emailing them to email@example.com.
Your submission email should include:
- Your .pdf journey
- Your full name
- The institution and course you are currently enrolled with and some form of verification of enrollment (a student number, a letter of acceptance, etc)
- The name and contact details of your lecturer or tutor
All works will be judged by a panel of experts selected from our community who will be judging your submissions based on:
- COMPETENCY: Has the brief been answered?
- RIGOUR: Does the journey reflect a broad consideration of actors, channels, interaction modes, tasks, content and functionality?
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Does the journey demonstrate and share sufficient levels of detail regarding actors, channels, interaction modes, tasks, content and functionality to share the story?
- PRESENTATION: Has care and consideration towards look and feel been demonstrated?
- INVENTIVENESS AND ORIGINALITY: Does the submission exhibit creative flair in considering new or unexpected perspectives on the brief?
- 8th of April 2016: Deadline for submitting of entries
- 12th of April 2016: Announcement of winner
- 4th – 8th May 2016: Presentation of the winning journey at poster night (the winner’s attendance is mandatory) at the summit
- 4th – 8th May 2016: IA Institute open meeting (the winner’s attendance is mandatory)
Rules, disclaimers and notes
The prize of a free ticket to the 2016 IA Summit includes the conference ticket only and does not include travel to and from the conference or accommodation at the conference.
Entrants are encouraged but not required to become student members of the IA Institute or ASIS&T (this only costs $20 and $40 respectively).
- We encourage students from all disciplines to enter.
- The judge’s decisions are final.
- Students are expected to complete the brief independently and without plagiarising
- IP will remain with students.
- The IA Institute reserves the right to use submissions for other (non-commercial) purposes.
- Should the winner, for whatever reason, not be available to attend the Summit then a ‘next-in-line’ approach will be taken.
- Should the winner discover that they cannot attend the IA Summit post submission, we would appreciate being informed as soon as possible.
- Due to limitations of resource we require that submissions be made in English.
- The competition prize has been made available through a kind anonymous donation from one of our members.
Thank you to the following global judges who are tasked with evaluating the IAI student contest submissions:
- Angela Obias (Phillippines)
- Fabienne Gafner (Switzerland)
- Stuart Maxwell (USA)
- Terence Fenn (South Africa)
- Weston Thompson (USA)
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE IA SUMMIT?
Originally conceived as a one-off get-together in 2000, the IA Summit quickly became established as the go-to event for those of us who want to make information easier to find, understand, and share. This conference is completely volunteer-run, with operational support from ASIS&T.
Sent via email to all active members (and those 30 days past due).
As promised, we are writing today to announce our decision about the future of the IA Institute.
Before we get there, we would like to thank you. The support we have received over the last 17...
All funds will support World IA Day 2019 worldwide organizations
Buy this great shirt to support Wear your support for World Information Architecture Day 2019 and its theme Design for a Difference . As designers, we are responsible for creating worlds of experiences, environments,...