The IAI Board of Directors serves the Information Architecture community with new elections every two years. We are thrilled to have a talented list of candidates for nomination for the upcoming Board of Directors for 2018-2020. Voting begins February 15, 2018 – February 27, 2018 at 12am EST. We...
IAI Student Competition
Enter to win a chance to attend the IA Summit in Vancouver, Canada. Share with us what you think is the best representation or example of Information Architecture to win a free registration to the Summit’s 3-day main conference from March 24 - 26, 2017.
Contest Disclaimers and Notes
Four prizes will be awarded, consisting of one free ticket to the 2016 IA Summit, which includes the conference ticket only and does not include travel to and from the conference or accommodation at the conference.
- We encourage students from all disciplines to enter.
- Also encouraged are students from groups under-represented in technology and design.
- The IA Institute reserves the right to use submissions for other (non-commercial) purposes.
- Should a winner, for whatever reason, not be available to attend the Summit then a ‘next-in-line’ approach will be taken.
- The competition prizes have made available through a kind anonymous donation from one of our members and the fine folks at Balsamiq.
The winners will be announced on Sunday, March 5, 2017. Good Luck!
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE IA SUMMIT?
Originally conceived as a one-off get-together in 2000, the IA Summit quickly became established as the go-to event for those of us who want to make information easier to find, understand, and share. This conference is completely volunteer-run, with operational support from ASIS&T.
The 2016 IAI Salary Survey was the third that I’ve conducted. In those three years the industry has undergone significant changes. We’ve seen large enterprise companies buy up independent design consultancies and/or build their own in-house operations to deliver improved digital experiences....
The US Government Accountability Office (GAO) has been examining IA and developing a framework for how IA can be used to develop an inventory of federal government programs. The problem they are facing is inconsistency around definitions and information across agencies. The ultimate goal is to...