IAC is a leading information architecture conference where information architects, UX designers, content strategists, taxonomists and...
IAI Workshop Fundraiser: Learning from Richard Saul Wurman and Christopher Alexander on 21 September in Amsterdam
Architecting Information Like Richard Saul Wurman and Christopher Alexander
A workshop in two parts, presented by Dan Klyn for the benefit of the Information Architecture Institute.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Wednesday, 21 September.
Cost € 300 full day / € 150 half day
Discount for EuroIA attendees: € 200 full day / € 100 half day
For the benefit of the Information Architecture Institute, IAI President Dan Klyn has designed a two part workshop where he will teach you how to use the ideas of Richard Saul Wurman and Christopher Alexander to design better experiences for people.
A fine way to kick-start your week in Amsterdam for the marvelous Euro IA conference. Take one or both parts of the workshop, and come away with the signature tools and techniques of these two pioneering architects.
In the RSW session you'll get hands-on with:
- LATCH as a generative framework for finding "the way in" to problems with meaning and structure
- Performance Components approach to stakeholder alignment, strategic planning and design
- Apperception as a theoretical basis for content and experience strategy
In the afternoon session focused on the work of Christopher Alexander, Dan will translate and help you apply some exceedingly powerful teachings from one of the most controversial architects of our era. In a combination of seminar-style conversation huddles and hands-on activities, you'll be guided into:
- The order of space: as contrasted with the order of bits
- Describing the problem/solution ecologies of complex information spaces using patterns from A Pattern Language
- Understanding and applying Alexander's fifteen geometric properties of wholeness to information architecture and interface design
The venue for the workshops is just across the canal from the official EuroIA venue. All proceeds go directly into IAI initiatives like World IA Day and mentorship. If you have questions, please email Dan at email@example.com.
Sent via email to all active members (and those 30 days past due).
As promised, we are writing today to announce our decision about the future of the IA Institute.
Before we get there, we would like to thank you. The support we have received over the last 17...
All funds will support World IA Day 2019 worldwide organizations
Buy this great shirt to support Wear your support for World Information Architecture Day 2019 and its theme Design for a Difference . As designers, we are responsible for creating worlds of experiences, environments,...