IAC is a leading information architecture conference where information architects, UX designers, content strategists, taxonomists and...
Local Leader Survey 2009 Report
The results of the IA/UX Local Leaders survey are in, and you can download the report at http://iainstitute.org/documents/research/IA_Institute_Local_Leaders_Survey_2009.pdf. This survey was conducted by the IA Institute and was intended to identify unmet needs in local and regional professional IA/UX communities.
For the purposes of the study, an individual was identified as a leader if he or she is engaged in and connected with local, regional and/or international IA communities. Both IAI members and non-members were invited to participate, and over 100 individuals responded.
Some of the survey findings are:
- Respondents come from all over the world, though are concentrated in the United States and Europe.
- While most report that organized group activities are available for practitioners in their area, about 1/3 describe their professional community as disconnected, dissipating, or only beginning to form.
- On average, respondents hold IA/UX activities about once a month, and they believe these events primarily offer the potential for socializing and networking.
- Respondents report that the IAI has been most helpful in its awarding of grants for organizing events and conferences.
- In looking to the future, they are particularly interested in the potential for forming greater relationships with local and regional organizations, for leadership support, and for support with managing events.
Sent via email to all active members (and those 30 days past due).
As promised, we are writing today to announce our decision about the future of the IA Institute.
Before we get there, we would like to thank you. The support we have received over the last 17...
All funds will support World IA Day 2019 worldwide organizations
Buy this great shirt to support Wear your support for World Information Architecture Day 2019 and its theme Design for a Difference . As designers, we are responsible for creating worlds of experiences, environments,...