The US Government Accountability Office (GAO) has been examining IA and developing a framework for how IA can be used to develop an inventory of federal government programs. The problem they are facing is inconsistency around definitions and information across agencies. The ultimate goal is to...
World IA Day 2013 Seeks Local Coordinators
World IA Day is coming in February, 2013, with local events taking place in 15 cities all over the world. Apply now to host a WIAD13 event in your city!
How It Works:
You get a group of IA-minded people together to serve as the host committee for your city. Submit your application on the following pages. The IA Institute will notify you whether your application is accepted.
Then, we get to work! Your host committee will need to secure the location, speakers and other details to make your day happen. The IA Institute will coordinate information with you and provide a website to promote your city’s event. Your committee works to promote the event in your region.
Creating a WIAD Event:
What does a World IA Day event look like? Every one is different, but there are common threads.
- Most WIAD host cities in 2012 had 100 or more attendees and drew from a regional area.
- Most WIAD events were affiliated with a university.
- Most speakers were practicing information architects or professors of information architecture.
- Most events were a full day of panels and speakers.
- Many events also included a meal or other social opportunities, funded by local sponsors.
How We Help You:
- Last year our global sponsors covered lanyards, notebooks, t-shirts and a cool stash of giveaways, including books, prototype tools and software.
- A limited number of $500 stipends will be available to site hosts on a first come-first serve basis.
- In addition, our global WIAD team of volunteers is on hand to provide Local coordinators with communication support, web space, branded email account, a Twitter account, event promotion, video content, sponsor kits and advice to support you every step of the way
WIAD Policies to Know
WIAD Is Free:
World IA Day is designed to be a free event; we want to bring more people to the study and practice of information architecture, and celebrate with those who already practice IA.
WIAD Is an Event of the IA Institute:
Though it takes place mostly simultaneously at multiple locations worldwide, World IA Day is the signature event of the Information Architecture Institute (IAI), the international organization for the study and practice of information architecture.
When your group agrees to participate in WIAD, you also agree to promote the IAI by:
- Providing IAI membership information to all event participants
- Displaying a few slides about the IAI during breaks, and throughout the agenda as appropriate
- Promoting international WIAD sponsors
If you would like, you may secure local sponsors to offer meals/snacks/other amenities to your participants. If you have connections to an organization interested in becoming an international sponsor, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sound like fun? Then click visit the WIAD13 Local Coordinator Survey to begin your site proposal.
The IAI publishes a Salary Survey each year that examines salary in terms of experience, education, age, gender, geography, and job category so that you can get insight about IA salary expectations. The institute’s annual salary survey is one our most viewed and widely shared items.
Thank you to everyone who joined the virtual 2017 Information Architecture Institute annual general meeting on October 11 at 9am PT/4pm GMT.
Here are some of the links we mentioned in todays meeting:Salary Survey sneak peek – The full report will be coming out soon! IAI Library...