The IAI Board of Directors serves the Information Architecture community with new elections every two years. We are thrilled to have a talented list of candidates for nomination for the upcoming Board of Directors for 2018-2020. Voting begins February 15, 2018 – February 27, 2018 at 12am EST. We...
World IA Day Call for Cities
World Information Architecture Day is a one-day annual celebration hosted by the Information Architecture Institute and held in dozens of locations across the world. This community of like-minded professionals and enthusiasts share the common goal of teaching, learning, and shaping the future of information architecture. Because of the ubiquitous nature of information, we see information architecture is not just practiced by specialists. Instead information is architected by people holding all sorts of titles, coming from all walks of life.
Each World IA Day celebration is hosted by one or more individuals. Now is your chance to represent your city by leading a team and organizing the celebration.
Find out more about what it means to host a World IA Day event in your city by visiting http://2018.worldiaday.org/call-for-locations
- What does it mean to be a location organizer?
- What is the time commitment?
- What qualities do you look for?
- Is the application accepted on a first come, first serve basis?
- My location is small. Can I still apply?
- Can there be more than one celebration per location?
- After I apply, how soon should I expect to hear from you?
- Are celebrations always free?
- What support should I expect as a location organizer?
- Can I reach out to potential sponsors, venues or speakers before applying?
The 2016 IAI Salary Survey was the third that I’ve conducted. In those three years the industry has undergone significant changes. We’ve seen large enterprise companies buy up independent design consultancies and/or build their own in-house operations to deliver improved digital experiences....
The US Government Accountability Office (GAO) has been examining IA and developing a framework for how IA can be used to develop an inventory of federal government programs. The problem they are facing is inconsistency around definitions and information across agencies. The ultimate goal is to...