The US Government Accountability Office (GAO) has been examining IA and developing a framework for how IA can be used to develop an inventory of federal government programs. The problem they are facing is inconsistency around definitions and information across agencies. The ultimate goal is to...
World IA Day Call for Cities
World Information Architecture Day is a one-day annual celebration hosted by the Information Architecture Institute and held in dozens of locations across the world. This community of like-minded professionals and enthusiasts share the common goal of teaching, learning, and shaping the future of information architecture. Because of the ubiquitous nature of information, we see information architecture is not just practiced by specialists. Instead information is architected by people holding all sorts of titles, coming from all walks of life.
Each World IA Day celebration is hosted by one or more individuals. Now is your chance to represent your city by leading a team and organizing the celebration.
Find out more about what it means to host a World IA Day event in your city by visiting http://2018.worldiaday.org/call-for-locations
- What does it mean to be a location organizer?
- What is the time commitment?
- What qualities do you look for?
- Is the application accepted on a first come, first serve basis?
- My location is small. Can I still apply?
- Can there be more than one celebration per location?
- After I apply, how soon should I expect to hear from you?
- Are celebrations always free?
- What support should I expect as a location organizer?
- Can I reach out to potential sponsors, venues or speakers before applying?
The IAI publishes a Salary Survey each year that examines salary in terms of experience, education, age, gender, geography, and job category so that you can get insight about IA salary expectations. The institute’s annual salary survey is one our most viewed and widely shared items.
Thank you to everyone who joined the virtual 2017 Information Architecture Institute annual general meeting on October 11 at 9am PT/4pm GMT.
Here are some of the links we mentioned in todays meeting:Salary Survey sneak peek – The full report will be coming out soon! IAI Library...