IAC is a leading information architecture conference where information architects, UX designers, content strategists, taxonomists and...
World IA Day Theme Announced
This year's World IA Day will discuss how we can use IA thinking to make the world a better place. While this may sound idealistic, we think it will inspire speakers to take both the academic and business-centric ideas of our industry to push the boundaries of what we can achieve through IA. Making the case to ourselves, traditional business, and all others, of IA's ability to make positive change. Below are some ideas for applying the theme.
- Cross-channel IA providing an experiential continuity through different channels and devices.
- Beyond business: improving life quality around the world- from government to city planning to water quality and more.
- Concrete examples of IA and the changes it has made. Show through a case study or user research outputs how IA made the world a better place.
- Expressing IA's potential through tangible metrics.
- Pervasive IA: IA in conjunction with computation, interaction, and the physical world.
- Show don't tell or tell don't show? Presentation choices that insight change.
- Emergent changes: What are the emerging trends and wicked problems of today and tomorrow that will impact what we do?
- Semantic Web.
Thanks to all who helped in creating the 2014 World IA Day theme. As you can see, we were able to create a theme that incorporated most, if not all, of your brilliant ideas. It's going to be a great year!
Kaarin Hoff and the whole World IA Day team.
Sent via email to all active members (and those 30 days past due).
As promised, we are writing today to announce our decision about the future of the IA Institute.
Before we get there, we would like to thank you. The support we have received over the last 17...
All funds will support World IA Day 2019 worldwide organizations
Buy this great shirt to support Wear your support for World Information Architecture Day 2019 and its theme Design for a Difference . As designers, we are responsible for creating worlds of experiences, environments,...